Thursday, July 14, 2011

Winding Up Orange and Yellow

I have been hanging out for this week's 'Green' Class all day and it was put up at 7.00 p.m. however while I got to watch Nic's video everyone else in the class must be trying to download at the same time as the PDF files will not appear.  .... So in the meantime another post on Orange and Yellow.

Today was spent packing up my kitchen in readiness for a makeover.  It's surprising what you rediscover and due to the Colour Class take notice of.  I found this little pottery tea set which I won in a raffle about 12 years ago that had found its way to be back of the top cupboard.
 Other Orange and yellow discoveries were our Wedding present dinner set with orange and yellow flowers on it - definitely retro now and some plastic place-mats under appliances in the Pantry with Orange and Yellow poppies on them.  I don't think there will be a place in the new kitchen for this little teaset - it may be destined for the grandchildren to play with.
 Still digging deep - here is the only other Orange and Yellow layout I have ever done (a couple of years ago).  It was a spur of the moment decision to 'have a go' at para-sailing as I had never been into heights, and had I been sitting in a more comfortable position I am sure I would have enjoyed the experience more.  On the layout  I was pleased with the sequence of the parachutes and cut the top of the two bottom ones with a craft knife and inserted the one above. 
We were on holiday with friends and the three 'mother & daughters' all had a go.  The journalling is hidden under the circle.
Well that is all for now.  Will get back to Big Picture Scrapping and see if I can get the downloads now.  Nothing like keeping one in suspense. 
 
Thank you so much for visiting.
 
Until next time .....  'Keep Warm' (if in NZ  where lots of the country are experiencing an icy winter blast.  So far Timaru has been spared and today was another nice day).

Regards
Dianne

1 comment:

Rachel F said...

Awesome layout Diane!