Saturday, May 19, 2012

Saturday update

We had a lovely winter's day here in South Canterbury today - the sun was shining and my house got some long overdue attention - windows washed, ironing basket emptied, along with lots of cleaning and tidying.  I am now exhausted but it is all worth it in the end.  And last but not least - after tea I even tidied my scrap room so I have a clean slate for very shortly. 

Thank you and welcome to my new followers - I see the number has grown over the last few weeks.

Today I am sharing a layout I did a couple of weeks ago using My Minds Eye papers.
 
 It was created using a Liz Qualman sketch - here.  For the circle border I punched strips with a Martha Stewart punch then snipped them at 1cm intervals to curve around the circle.  Once again finished with a favourite at the moment - liquid pearls.
 Flowers are mainly Wild Orchids and the diecut Cherry Lynn.

Must away and get started on a card or it will be too late.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend and finding time for some creativity.

Until next time....
Dianne


6 comments:

Mina said...

oh no ssssshhhhh Dianne dont mention a big clean I have been avoiding mine lol...well done you on getting it done...wow those MME papers are lush and your layout beautiful with the photo
Mina xxx

Trace said...

Great layout Dianne. Having a wee giggle at the journalling.

Trace said...

Great layout Dianne. Having a wee giggle at the journalling.

Rachel F said...

That is so funny - will have to remember that Sure Jamie will LOVE a pink barbie car too!
Love the layout!

Francine said...

very funny! Love the colours on this layout- very striking!

Joanne F said...

Hi Dianne
Gosh you got way more done than I did over the weekend, the house got a very quick flick over, and I managed to finish that birthday card!
Love your layout especially the lime with the pinky/red colour, looks cool.
Cheers
Joanne