Tuesday, October 23, 2012

C'est Magnifique Challenge

Hello!  Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope your long weekend (if in NZ) went well.  I certainly enjoyed the extra day and loved spending lots of time with family and my dear GS who was so much fun.  I visited the Miniature Show in Dunedin twice - 1st time with company but then went back by myself yesterday.  What an amazing hobby - everything you could think of was there and the Kiwiana theme was well depicted.  As I was racing out (I had gone overtime by about 1/2 an hour lol) I stopped to support their raffle and then left thinking no more about it then I got a call, and tonight took delivery of my very own iconic NZ 4-square shop with accommodation upstairs.  I WON THE RAFFLE!!! WOW so much work has gone into the miniature building.  I will take pics and post them another time.  I think miniature enthusiasts have incredible patience.  ...and if we think scrapbooking is expensive I would say miniatures is definitely on a par. 

Here is a layout made in the holidays for the C'est Magnifique October Sketch Challenge.
The layout is of my grandmother as a child in 1921.  I have used Kaisercraft Turtle Dove collection papers. 


 A Cherry Lynn die was used above - a die that I will no longer be able to use due to it being too much for my Cuttlebug grrrrr...... it doesn't work any more.
 The lace motif worked well with the layout.  Flowers are Prima and Wild Orchids as are the above pearls


I was pleased with this page however I am struggling with my mojo at the moment.  I am hoping this Saturday's  Crop for a Cause 2012 will spark it up again. However the courier also dropped off an order from Nic Howard today so I am looking forward to having a play with the resin and molds so that may inspire me. 

Have a good week.

Until next time.....





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Where do you get your lace(s) from?? It's/They're gorgeous. Pity about the die 'cos its lovely. Might have a go with the sketch - it looks rather nice and I love your take on it.
I too have some goodies from Nic H today - can't wait to start playing.

Francine said...

What a gorgeous page Diane- the papers suit the photos so well even though its a Xmas range! It looks fab! I love the C'est Magnifique sketch challenges too - i haven't had a go at this months one yet! Your lace is gorgeous too!