Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Miniatures

Today I am going to have a plug for the NZ Association of Miniature Enthusiasts.  Their Dolls House and Miniatures exhibition is being held this weekend in Dunedin as per the following flyer.
I am really looking forward to paying a visit as I spent some of the weekend cleaning up old type cases ready for a project that has been in the pipeline for a couple of years now so I will be scanning the miniatures for just the pieces need along with gaining inspiration from the miniature works on display. 

If you do get the opportunity to go, look out for the miniature 'Church of Good Shepherd' (Lake Tekapo's little church) made by my Auntie M.  The attention to detail is amazing.

Funny - years ago that was one hobby I thought I would thoroughly enjoy, along with cake decorating however Scrapbooking popped up first so that is the path I took.  However all three have similarities.  They are all addictive, creative, are collectables, have limitless ideas, have great camaraderie  and all can use many of the same skills and tools to create with. 

Right now I need to go and make a wedding card.  Thanks for visiting and welcome to a new follower.  Your interest is much appreciated.

Until next time....



1 comment:

Trace said...

Enjoy your visit Dianne.