Monday, March 11, 2013

Love Lock

Saturday 9 March was a day for weddings - Joanne's daughter here in Timaru and my Auntie was married in the deep south.  Mum and Dad were invited to attend my auntie's wedding and Mum asked me to make a card, which led to making a box to put it in and then another bright idea came to mind.
Above the card which opens up and when folded held together with a band with a magnet hidden in it. 
 
 A box made with some gorgeous paper from Embellish It, lace from 'World of Lace' and flowers from Wild Orchid 
(also available at Embellish It)
 Above and Below - the pretty pair but a final touch on the box below was their initials
 and below the additional 'bright' fun idea.
 I now know more about 'love locks'.  Did you know that we have a 'Matrimonial Bridge' here in Timaru?  Well we do and it is located opposite Monteiths on the Bay Hill, a railway bridge over to Caroline Bay.  As the newlyweds were planning to come to Timaru on their honeymoon we thought 'Why not have a memorable occasion while here and after dining at a Bay Hill Restaurant which was their wedding gift'.  

I have found out that 'love locks' are very popular all over the world and when one 'Googles' photos of them bridges with thousands of little locks of people declaring their love appear.  I have to say Timaru has a long way to go to get in the thousands but it is kind of a very cute idea. 

We wish the newly weds every happiness and hope their stay in Timaru is an enjoyable/memorable one.

In saying that the temperature could do with warming up a notch or two.  We have had three cloudy cool days and while, like most of the country, we could do with some rain, if it is not going to rain it would be nice to see the sun.  The dull day yesterday certainly put me off the planned car cleaning so I holed up in my scrap room working on a little project which I hope to do more of at the Embellish It Crop on Saturday then last night decided to make a birthday card for next weekend and I thoroughly enjoyed my creative time.

All the best for the week ahead. Thanks so much for visiting today. 

Until next time.....







1 comment:

Francine said...

wow these card are just gorgeous- i love the boxes that you made - such beautiful details- and the lock idea is fantastic! They will have a card to treasure forever!