Friday, May 24, 2013

Finnabair Inspired

Hi there.  Thankyou for stopping by today.  I am so pleased it is Friday - not that I have had a bad week because I haven't but when I woke this morning I was hoping it was Saturday and  it took a while to drag myself out of bed and the day has dragged ever since - just tired and need a recharge I think.   Oh there was one day this week which wasn't so good for some people as I had to call two ambulances in just over an hour (at work) late on Wednesday so perhaps the adrenalin of all that caught up on me.  I hope the two patients are now on the road to recovery.

Today I have a Finnabair inspired layout to share.  I created it soon after attending Finnabair's class but messed up the photo and it has taken a while to replace it.   It is of DD#1 when she was a Bridesmaid about 18 months ago.
 It is created with mainly the left overs from the kits at the class.  I see that Rae from Scrap Matrix has some kits for sale if you are interested but be quick.  Click on Rae above for the email address.



I am really hoping for a scrappy weekend.  At present I am waiting for some Gel Medium to dry (have it on the wire baking rack on the log burner whilst I blog this lol).  I also need to get organised and have some more practice before being one of the "Artists in Residence' on Thursday afternoon at our school "Art Week".  A bit nervous about that....... - that will be a first lol.  Looking forward to seeing what everyone else is doing - lots of painters and sculptors will be there.

Only 7 more sleeps until Zac comes to visit.  I  read him a story on Skype tonight.  He loves the Scholastic Book "Far, Far From Home" by Elizabeth Pulford and beautifully illustrated by Fifi Colston.  I have read it to him since he was 6 months old and he loves the story about a tiny little bug with a tiny little light trying to find it's way home. 
Far, Far from Home
 Anyway the gel is dry and I am off to scrap an 'explore' page and guess who is the subject!!!!

Have a great weekend.

Take care.

1 comment:

Francine said...

love the layout - and the pop of pink! how sweet reading a story via Skype- a lovely idea - will have to look up that book- haven't seen that one before!