Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Sweet Trio

Who would think that on 2 July (middle of winter in NZ)  we would have a temperature of 18 degrees Celsius.  We had a very windy nor'west night but a lovely day to follow.  A bit of a treat in the middle of winter really.

Today I am sharing the last of my June creations.  This one was made for the Prima June BAP along with Autumn Escape Retreats challenge which was to enter the Prima one stating "Proud to be part of Autumn Escape Retreats NZ".  There are just a few places left for Prima ArtVenture at Taupo in September so if you are interested contact Nic Howard via the Autumn Escape Retreats link.   Unfortunately the timing wasn't right for me to attend but I am booked for AE2014 in April next year. 

I haven't done the Prima BAP's for some time so it was nice to play along again especially with the gorgeous Lyric collection and with cute photos of 3 my Great nieces. When visiting their great grandparents they love to play the piano and instruments and sometimes listen to Great Grandad playing the mouth organ and the pianola piano (although age is making this a little difficult these days as it is hard work pushing those pedals - must go and have a go again myself one day).

The sketch
and my take
 Just had to use my new deep edge punch but didn't want to spoil some of the pattern on the papers so just did two corners.  I used some lace to border the music paper and another piece (to cover a join when I had cut the paper too short lol).  I tucked the journalling on a tag and wrote about how the instruments come out when visiting NanNan and Grandad. The music note was a Prima one from many years ago.


 Love the Prima 'junk yard finding' light bulbs.  The clock was finished with a border of liquid pearls.
I fussy cut some pp from one of the pieces and finished in Iridescent paint for shimmer and finished with   Lyric flowers and a few others.

I am now off to the scrap room to make a box for a wedding card I have been working on.  I am looking forward to the arrival of some Pinkysil (hopefully tomorrow) to make a mould of a dear little horseshoe and bird to add to the card.  Will share when I can. 

Grateful thanks for visiting today and it would be lovely to hear your comments and let me know you have been.

All the best for the rest of the week.

Until next time.....











3 comments:

Francine said...

so gorgeous that they all love to have a play - beautiful!

Trace said...

Love your take on the sketch Dianne...and we hit 23 degrees here - had to get my shorts out!

Sandy Ang said...

how wonderful the layers and textures on your page